Tuesday 26 February 2008

Yippee!

I was getting a bit frustrated lately. I looked over my checklist.

  • Hungry…check
  • Eating very little…check
  • Eating health stuff…check
  • Not drinking…check
  • Weight falling…er, not much guv.

I seemed to be doing all that I could, but over the last couple of weeks, the scales have been reporting a stubborn tendency to still read over 17 stone. My weight would go down, a little each day, then it would jump back up, inexplicably. I don’t know about loosing weight, but I’d be damned if I was doing anything that could account for gaining!

But over the weekend something clicked, and instead of one of those wildly infuriating rises, the falls kept on coming, and yesterday morning I finally saw the magic number…16. Being under 17 stone again is great, a milestone. No doublt I’ll see a few 17’s again, but soon enough they’ll be a distant memory. So that’s six weeks so far, and I’ve unloaded 13 lb. Not bad, not as much as I was aiming for, but not bad at all. I reckon that’s just under a quarter of my goal achieved, which should be around 14 stone or a little less. I’m happy about this, mainly because I’m fairly comfortable about what I’m doing, and the results I’m getting only reinforce this. Ok, I’m hungry a lot, but that’s just fine as long as the scales are telling me it’s for a reason.

So it’s full steam ahead. I’ve got a bit of a cold just now, which is a bit of a pain, but it the weather’s half way decent I’m taking my new bike to the office tomorrow.

Today’s weight: 16 stone 13.4 lb

No comments: